27 June 2010

She's going the distance...

I left Boston on Thursday morning with Adrienne. It took 10 1/2 hours to get to York, PA, where we spent the night. The drive was good. Very little traffic and the highways were far from congested. I'm happy with the route I chose; 90 to 84 to 81 to 83. 84 is a great highway. It's smooth sailing the entire way; no traffic, just straight open road with beautiful scenery. Adrienne is an even better road-tripper. She didn't complain even though it was hot, humid, and sunny the entire way. She even accepted the fact that I was nervous about the terrible sound my car was making and in no way made me worry, but did have me go to a mechanic to check it out. The hotel was luxurious. The bed was super comfy and I don't think I've ever had a more relaxing bubble bath (much needed). Travel today was slightly more stressful. It took longer than expected to get to the airport, so we were rushing. It worked out fine, though, and I saw her off and she got on the plane home (with the added benefit of not having her liquids thrown away!). It was sad to leave her. It left me to fend for myself and truly start my self-exploring journey to Florida. I hit traffic going through DC, but made it to Lorton with plenty of time to spare (3 hours to be exact). It left me time to organize my car, pack my overnight bag, and hit up a coffee shop. I delighted in a mint lime white iced tea - delicious! I got to the auto-train early and have spent the passed 4 hours waiting to head south…

2 comments:

  1. Don't mind the different font here...it won't let me change it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that means. I always mind different font. I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete